Oatmeal++ Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 60-66 cookies
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 sticks (8 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or oat bran, wheat germ, etc)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (you can omit this if you don't have it)
- 2 cups rolled oats (instant will work fine too- no noticeable difference)
- 1 bag (11 to 12 oz) bittersweet or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In one bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix. (You can skip this step and sift the dry ingredients straight into the wet mix if you like; I prefer to have everything thoroughly incorporated first.)
With a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl down as necessary.
Add the egg, water and vanilla and mix until thoroughly incorporated and light.
Add dry ingredients (not including oats or chocolate chips) and mix until just combined.
Add oats and chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes. (Keep an eye on the first batch and adjust as necessary.)